Comment: “A Solid Primer of Marketing & Sales Tips for the Small Hotel,
This review is from: Hotel Success Handbook – Practical Sales and Marketing ideas, actions, and tips to get results for your small hotel, B&B, or guest accommodation. (Paperback)
Caroline Cooper and Lucy Whittington from the United Kingdom have compiled an easy to read book of practical marketing and training ideas that target smaller hotels, B&Bs and inns. The book offers balanced suggestions on both traditional and online marketing and receives excellent reviews from a range of hospitality professionals in its opening pages.
There are 11 chapters that flow well:
- Chapter 1 addresses the traditional product and identifying your probable customer base
- Chapter 2 provides the foundation of developing a marketing plan and defining your competitive difference
- Chapter 3 reviews the fundamentals of what is essential in website development
- Chapter 4 offers a range of communication and promotional ideas for both online and traditional marketing
- Chapter 5 discusses the importance of establishing value in offerings
- Chapters 6 and 10 identify specific action steps for maximizing online promotions and collaborations in technology
- Chapters 7 and 9 review traditional marketing options and the need to present a “high touch” approach
- Chapter 8 includes an overview on the importance of networking
- The final chapter closes the loop with setting goals, creating the Hotel Success Plan and getting started
Their site @ hotelsuccesshandbook provides additional Success Tools and Tips
It is becoming more complicated to market and operate a smaller property and these two professionals have combined their background and experience to provide a a resource that delivers practical advice that one can use immediately.
As always, feedback or comments are welcome
John J Hogan HospitalityEducators HoganHospitality
HOSPITALITY KEY TO SUCCESS
The most successful hospitality businesses are the ones that listen to their customers, address their needs and continuously improve their service and product delivery.
What are you doing at your hotel, restaurant or hospitality business?
Dr. John Hogan, CHA CHE CMHS 602-799-5375
John Hogan is a successful hospitality executive, educator, author and consultant and is a frequent keynote speaker and seminar leader at many hospitality industry events. He is Co-Founder of a consortium (www.HospitalityEducators.com) of successful corporate and academic professionals delivering focused and affordable counsel in solving specific challenges facing hospitality today.
www.HospitalityEducators.com is a membership site offering a wide range of information, forms, best practices and ideas designed to help individual hoteliers and hospitality businesses improve their market penetration, deliver service excellence and increase their profitability. Individuals wishing to contribute materials may send them Kathleen@HospitalityEducators.com. Special pricing is in effect for a limited time that also includes a complimentary copy of LESSONS FROM THE FIELD- A COMMON SENSE APPROACH TO EFFECTIVE HOTEL SALES.