We all sometimes need to step back from our own operations and examine other properties that have been recognized as “the best in show.”
Readers of travel magazine Travel + Leisure ranked hotels on a list of services and amenities to come up with their 20 top business hotels, part of the publication’s annual World’s Best survey.
Hotels that combine service, technology and comfort have topped a list of the world’s best business hotels with the winners offering their guests those added extras that can make all the difference to a trip.
Some offered free Internet access and a 24-hour business centre, some had rooftop pools, while one had an award-winning Gordon Ramsay restaurant. Free parking was also a plus.
Boston’s The Eliot had touch-screen monitors for guests to order room service and print boarding passes. The Peninsula Hong Kong transported one guest in a Rolls Royce and treated her to tea upon arrival.
- 1. Palacio Duhau-Park Hyatt, Buenos Aires
- 2. Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel, Taipei
- 3. St. Regis, Shanghai
- 4. XV Beacon, Boston
- 5. Four Seasons Hotel, Hong Kong
- 6. The London West Hollywood, West Hollywood
- 7. Eliot Hotel, Boston
- 8. Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, Dallas
- 9. Sofitel Shanghai Jin Jiang Oriental Pudong, Shangai
- 10. Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
- 11. Peninsula Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- 12. Pudong Shangri-La, Shanghai
- 13. Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas, Dallas
- 14. Intercontinental Buckhead, Atlanta
- 15. St Regis, Beijing
- 16. Peninsula Beverly Hills, Beverly Hills
- 17. Mandarin Oriental, New York
- 18. Conrad Centennial, Singapore
- 19. Four Seasons Hotel, Buenos Aires
- 20. Ritz-Carlton Central Park, New York
Feel free to share an idea for a column at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime or contact me regarding consulting, customized workshops, speaking engagements … And remember – we all need a regular dose of common sense.
John Hogan is a successful hospitality executive, educator, author and consultant and is a frequent keynote speaker and seminar leader at many hospitality industry events. He is Co-Founder of a consortium (www.HospitalityEducators.com) of successful corporate and academic professionals delivering focused and affordable counsel in solving specific challenges facing hospitality today.
www.HospitalityEducators.com is a membership site offering a wide range of information, forms, best practices and ideas that are designed to help individual hoteliers and hospitality businesses improve their market penetration, deliver service excellence and increase their profitability. Special introductory pricing is in effect for a limited time that also includes a complimentary copy of LESSONS FROM THE FIELD- A COMMON SENSE APPROACH TO EFFECTIVE HOTEL SALES.
This list (http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/worlds-best-business-h otels-2009/1) is not endorsed by Reuters. :