One has to know a sense of direction in order to succeed.
- If you feel like quitting and leaving a situation, that would be “going from.”
- If you have the urge to follow your heart or a feeling, then you would be “going to.”
- One needs to give serious thought to this simple change of only one word – are you “going from or going to?”
- If you go from, you will always wonder if you could have made it in that situation you choose to leave.
- But then if you don’t go to, you could end up regretting it for the rest of your life.
Which direction are you going? Dr. John Hogan
This particular tip was inspired by conversations between fictional main characters in Patrick Taylors’ Irish Country Doctors series.
Success does not come by accident or chance.
We can help.
Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA), Certified Master Hotel Supplier (CMHS)
John Hogan is a successful hospitality executive, educator, author and consultant and is a frequent keynote speaker and seminar leader at many hospitality industry events. He is CEO and Co-Founder of HospitalityEducators.com , which has more than 1600 resource pages and has become the #1 independent website for hotel owners and managers. He is also the Principal of HoganHospitality.com, which offers hospitality consulting and hotel expert witness services.
KEYS TO SUCCESS™ is the umbrella title for our programs, hospitality services and columns. This year’s writings focus on a variety of topics for hotel owners, managers and professionals including both my “HOW TO” articles, HOSPITALITY CONVERSATIONS™, Lessons from the Field™,Hotel Common Sense™, THE P-A-R PRINCIPLE™ and Principles for Success.
HospitalityEducators.com has become the #1 independent website for hotel owners and managers, with more than 1,600 resources available to members.