In particular, I like the following chapters
• Chapter one – focus on what really matters
• Chapter six – ask for help
• Chapter seven – don’t get caught in the trap of comparison
• Chapter 10 – don’t take yourself too seriously
• Chapter 13 – give yourself permission to make mistakes
• Chapter 17 – remember that it’s not the circumstances, it’s you
• Chapter 18 – appreciate people
• Chapter 20 – give yourself permission to cry
• Chapter 24 – practice gratitude
• Chapter 27 – remember that your much more than what you do
• Chapter 31 – be easily amazed
• Chapter 37 – focus on what you can control
• Chapter 40 – live like you’re going to die (because you are someday)
I read two books a week, with one novel and one for something to expand my mind in a different direction. I doubt if there is much information in this book that many of us have not been exposed to previously, yet we all realize that we must keep repeating the lessons that are hard for us to learn if we are to gain from their strength.
This is a good book and a recommended reading over a two week period, with small tastes and taking time to sink in.
Dr. John Hogan, CHA CHMS CHE CHO
Success does not come by accident or chance.
Contact us for assistance.
John.Hogan@HospitalityEducators.com or 602-799-5375
HospitalityEducators.com was created to help hospitality businesses address problems via a training and information resource site to help you increase your Hotel’s revenue, market share and profitability. With more than 2,000 pages of tips, guides, best practices, strategies, plans, budgets, videos and resources, HospitalityEducators.com is the #1 independent website for hotel owners and managers. This site can help you solve your problems now!
|KEYS TO SUCCESS is the umbrella title for my ongoing programs, hospitality services and columns. This year’s writings focus on a variety of topics for hotel owners, managers and professionals including both my “HOW TO” articles, HOSPITALITY CONVERSATIONS™, Lessons from the Field™, Hotel Common Sense™ , THE P-A-R PRINCIPLE™ and Principles for Success.|
Feel free to share an idea for a column at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime or contact me regarding consulting, customized workshops, speaking engagements … And remember – we all need a regular dose of common sense,
John Hogan is a successful hospitality executive, educator, author and consultant and is a frequent keynote speaker and seminar leader at many hospitality industry events. He is CEO and Co-Founder of www.HospitalityEducators.com , which delivers focused and affordable counsel in solving specific challenges facing hospitality today.
www.HospitalityEducators.com is a membership site offering a wide range of information, forms, best practices and ideas designed to help individual hoteliers and hospitality businesses improve their market penetration, deliver service excellence and increase their profitability.
Your Hospitality Resource for the Hotel Owner, Innkeeper, Manager and Hospitality Industry Associations.