A Guest Blog from a Founding Associate of HospitalityEducators.com
Seven Sure-Fire Ways to Keep Talented Part-Timers
- Orient them as to their role on the team. Make them feel as if they are fulltimers.
- Make sure they are included in all recognition and reward programs.
- Be sensitive to their requested schedules. They are part-timers for a reason.
- Provide first-class, ongoing, quality training.
- Place PTs on decision-making committees and have them participate on all employee committees.
- Provide them with thought-provoking work and task assignments.
- Treat as family, with respect and integrity.
Dr. Marc Clark, CHA, CHRE, CHE, CHO
President & CEO at SmartBizzOnLine.com