Strategic Planning should be PRACTICAL
Peter Drucker introduced the term management by objectives more than 50 years ago.
- With his approach to strategic planning, options were identified, considered, discussed and executed.
- Using the SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats), hoteliers can actively deal with OTAs, revenue management, asset protection, staff development, competitive marketplaces, and proper market positioning.
- Dealing with these and other issues cannot happen by themselves and will require senior management commitment and support.
- These activities can be blended into manageable activities, including:
- The full SWOT Analysis
- Long-Term Vs. Short-Term
- Marketing and Sales Plans
- Budgeting: Focus, Energy, Money
- ROI Improvement: Revenue Growth, Expenses, Business Fundamentals
- Staff Performance: Goal Setting, quarterly reviews, semi-annual feedback, annual appraisals and more
We at HospitalityEducators.com have developed a new Leadership Program that assists organizations to refine their approaches to making their hospitality businesses more successful.
This Leadership development component integrates the tangible and intangible qualities of successful leaders. Participants will acquire an understanding of leadership styles, roles and the management skills needed to compete in the marketplace.
In my 35+ year career as a hotelier, educator and consultant, I have seen repeated successes of those who take the time to follow this process. We write on it often, share approaches on our site and know it works.
Success does not come by accident or chance.
Contact us for assistance.
John.Hogan@HospitalityEducators.com or 602-799-5375
HospitalityEducators.com was created to help hospitality businesses address problems via a training and information resource site to help you increase your Hotel’s revenue, market share and profitability. With more than 1,000 pages of tips, guides, best practices, strategies, plans, budgets, videos and resources, HospitalityEducators.com is the #1 independent website for hotel owners and managers. This site can help you solve your problems now! Read More
|KEYS TO SUCCESS is the umbrella title for my 2011-2012 programs, hospitality services and columns. This year’s writings focus on a variety of topics for hotel owners, managers and professionals including both my “HOW TO” articles, HOSPITALITY CONVERSATIONS™, Lessons from the Field™, Hotel Common Sense™ , THE P-A-R PRINCIPLE™ and Principles for Success.|
Feel free to share an idea for a column at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime or contact me regarding consulting, customized workshops, speaking engagements … And remember – we all need a regular dose of common sense,
John Hogan is a successful hospitality executive, educator, author and consultant and is a frequent keynote speaker and seminar leader at many hospitality industry events. He is CEO and Co-Founder of www.HospitalityEducators.com , which delivers focused and affordable counsel in solving specific challenges facing hospitality today.
www.HospitalityEducators.com is a membership site offering a wide range of information, forms, best practices and ideas designed to help individual hoteliers and hospitality businesses improve their market penetration, deliver service excellence and increase their profitability.
Your Hospitality Resource for the Hotel Owner, Innkeeper, Manager and Hospitality Industry Associations.