Many times people are hesitant to act – they wait for someone else to “take care of it.”
In hospitality, that has too often been the case – let the brand, or the CVB or the marketing co-op or the “other” parties in the community “handle it. ” The result: lost market share, someone else gains competitive advantage and profitability declines.
I have watched a number of short You Tube clips this past 30 days on a wide range of topics, including a number relating to hospitality. The growth of technology combined with an expanding global population means that there are going to be substantial needs for “taking action” if one is going to be successful in the next decade. I know what I need to do and that includes planning, aligning with others in win-win situations and taking action.
“Proven Strategies in Times of Uncertainty”
Dr. John Hogan CHE CHA CMHS
Action: A dozen definitions
- The state or process of acting or doing
- Something done or accomplished; a deed.
- Organized activity to accomplish an objective: a problem requiring drastic action.
- The causation of change by the exertion of power or a natural process: the action of waves on a beach; the action of a drug on blood pressure.
- A movement or a series of movements, as of an actor.
- Manner of movement
- Habitual or vigorous activity; energy
- Behavior or conduct. Often used in the plural.
- The operating parts of a mechanism.
b. The manner in which such parts operate.c. The manner in which a musical instrument can be played; playability: a piano with quick action.
- The series of events and episodes that form the plot of a story or play.
- The appearance of animation of a figure in painting or sculpture.
- Law A judicial proceeding whose purpose is to obtain relief at the hands of a court.
Check HospitalityEducators.com for ACTION ideas and best practices.
The Keys to Success are results-driven programs aimed at building competitive advantage. Most of these programs can be offered as either a keynote address or an interactive workshop.
- From the Chalkboard to the Front Line – Turning Knowledge into Profits
- Step by Step Operational Solutions – Making theCorrect Decisions
- 45 Proven Ways toSucceed in Any Economy
- THE Service Code
- We Can Do That! – The Customer Service Attitude\
- 10 Hotel Sales Action Steps to Succeed – Anytime, Anywhere
- Hospitality Conversations on …. (a range of topics)
- 10 Hotel Mistakes to Avoid in Selling
- What’s the Problem?
- Questions that Beg Asking
- How to Stop Your Profit Drain
- Seven Options for 2011 Hotel Marketing
- Getting the Most out of Your Franchise Investment
- Three Attributes of Top Hotel Managers
- Where’s Your Desk?
- Fifteen Timeless Philosophies in Hospitality
- Thirteen Strategies toMake Your Hotel More Profitable Now