KEYS TO SUCCESS – Observations on SERVICE # 26-40
Several months ago, I shared the first 25 service quotes I often use in my columns and in many of my training presentations as well, in both the full programs and in breaks. I know they are effective, as I receive requests for copies from many participants following these sessions. The response was very positive and I am pleased to share the next group
I believe that each of us has truly GREAT and original ideas at different times in our lives. We are likewise inspired by others at times by reading their books or sometimes a simple quote. Please send me your favorite quotes on SERVICE and I’ll include them in a future column
Quotes that address the topic of SERVICE.
26.“ The only thing constant in our business today is change. If you do not improve on today’s service delivery, someone else will.
Hotel Common Sense Philosophy #7 – John Hogan, CHA CHE
27. “Common sense is not so common.” Author unknown
28. “Whatever you are,be a good one.” Abraham Lincoln
29. “It is not what happens to us, but our response to what happens to us that counts.”
Stephen R. Covey
30. Imagine that customers have signs on them that says, Make me feel IMPORTANT!
31. Everything you do is important. Everything.
32. Remember that things aren’t important. Attitude is.
33. “Love not only makes the world go around…Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” F.P. Jones
34. “I saw the angel in the stone and carved to set it free.” Michelangelo
35. “You can’t start a fire without a spark.” Bruce Springsteen
36. “Throw your heart over the fence and the rest will follow.” Norman Vincent Peale
37. “Enthusiasm is the Mother of effort, and without it nothing great was ever accomplished.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
38. We cannot let our burdens paralyze our progress. Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work. Author unknown
39. Don’t try to win a disagreement with a customer, because being right is the booby prize. Author unknown
40. The SIMPLEST THINGS are the most difficult, so practice them all the time.
Feel free to share an idea for a column at email@example.com anytime or contact me regarding consulting, customized workshops, speaking engagements … And remember – we all need a regular dose of common sense.
Dr. John Hogan working with clients @ Crowne Plaza O’Hare, Chicago
- John Hogan is a successful hospitality executive, educator, author and consultant and is a frequent keynote speaker and seminar leader at many hospitality industry events.
- He is Co-Founder of a consortium (www.HospitalityEducators.com) of successful corporate and academic professionals delivering focused and affordable counsel in solving specific challenges facing hospitality today. www.HospitalityEducators.com is a membership site offering a wide range of information, forms, best practices and ideas designed to help individual hoteliers and hospitality businesses improve their market penetration, deliver service excellence and increase their profitability.
- Individuals wishing to contribute materials may send them to Kathleen@HospitalityEducators.com. Special pricing is in effect for a limited time that also includes a complimentary copy of LESSONS FROM THE FIELD- A COMMON SENSE APPROACH TO EFFECTIVE HOTEL SALES.
- Dr. John Hogan, CHE CHA CMHS United States – Phoenix, AZ
- Phone: 602-799-5375 www.hoganhospitality.com/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.