Questions I Wish You Would Ask Me – Eddy Brosse, Global Hospitality Manager , Paris France
1. Name your favorite hotel and why it is special to you –
- Sentosa Resort & Spa (Singapore) – amazing moments of peace, outstanding service delivery standards for a very nicely designed resort
2. Name your favorite restaurant and why it is special to you –
- Busaba Eathai (London) – great food, relaxed atmosphere, lovely surroundings, my London cantine
3. Where do you vacation the most often?
- Asia, then London
4. What is your favorite charity or cause?
- Doctors of the World – I completed the London to Paris bike ride 2010, and I am assisting with the organisation of the 2011 ride
- Also helping whenever I can with environmental sustainability issues (carbon offsetting, projects …)
5. Name your pet service peeve, why and any ideas you may have to address it
- Staff talking to one another, ignoring waiting customers in front of them – good service is very simple, if only people would apply some empathy and use common sense
6. Who was the most important mentor in your life and why?
- My Dad – he taught about being organised, disciplined and demanding with oneself
7. In the last five years, what has been your most memorable meeting or convention experience and why?
- Probably the reunion we organised at the Holiday Inn Woking (UK) for alumni of a school for deaf – we had to completely reorganise operations for one weekend: learn basics of sign language, understand special needs and rethink fire procedures (evacuation) – One of those moments when teams come together and accomplish great things – we were all so exhausted, but felt so fulfilled at the end: a team’ success on all fronts
8. What is the one piece of advice you would offer to a graduating student with a hospitality degree?
- Listen, observe and think on a daily basis, hotels are not factories – And also, apply the Golden Rule: treat others like you would like to be treated yourself
9. What is the one question do you wish someone would ask you in an interview today?
- What is your vision of the hospitality industry today and tomorrow?
Eddy BROSSE A global Hospitality Manager considering the next step Paris, France
Mobile: +33 (0) 188.8.131.52.45 – Skype: eddyetseb – Twitter: http://twitter.com/eddybrosse
KEYS TO SUCCESS is the umbrella title for my 2011 programs, hospitality services and columns. This year’s writings focus on a variety of topics for hotel owners, managers and professionals including both my “HOW TO” articles, HOSPITALITY CONVERSATIONS, Lessons from the Field, Hotel Common Sense and Principles for Success
Feel free to share an idea for a column at email@example.com anytime or contact me regarding consulting, customized workshops, speaking engagements … And remember – we all need a regular dose of common sense.
John Hogan is a successful hospitality executive, educator, author and consultant and is a frequent keynote speaker and seminar leader at many hospitality industry events. He is Co-Founder of a consortium (www.HospitalityEducators.com) of successful corporate and academic professionals delivering focused and affordable counsel in solving specific challenges facing hospitality today.
www.HospitalityEducators.com is a membership site offering a wide range of information, forms, best practices and ideas designed to help individual hoteliers and hospitality businesses improve their market penetration, deliver service excellence and increase their profitability. Individuals wishing to contribute materials may send them Kathleen@HospitalityEducators.com. Special pricing is in effect for a limited time that also includes a complimentary copy of LESSONS FROM THE FIELD- A COMMON SENSE APPROACH TO EFFECTIVE HOTEL SALES.