We at HospitalityEducators.com are pleased to announce the launch of this new feature : “Questions I Wish You Would Ask” , which includes interviews such as those found in our HOSPITALITY CONVERSATIONS, and and it also allows industry professional the opportunity to share their perspectives, values and opinions on additional areas and subjects that may not have been part of the planned discussion. This segment will include a wide range of hospitality professionals from all portions of the industry.
We ask participants to answer at least five of the following nine questions.
Questions I Wish You’d Ask – Dr.Joyce , Nashville, TN USA
- My favorite hotel is the Ritz because of the “extra’s” and the way you are treated.
2. Name your favorite restaurant and why it is special to you –
- My favorite restaurant is Bones where they have great Lobster.
3. Where do you vacation the most often?
- Most often, we go to Atlanta to see our daughter but if we have a choice, it would be Rome.
4. What is your favorite charity or cause?
- Favorite Cause/Charity is helping children.
5. Name your pet service peeve, why and any ideas you may have to address it
- Mostly, my pet peeve on service would be people standing around while you’re waiting for water. Too many employees; not enough service.
6. Who was the most important mentor in your life and why?
- My favorite mentor is my husband who is one of the smartest businessmen I know. Why? Because he reads 3-4 papers a day and keeps abreast of what is going on in the world.
7. In the last five years, what has been your most memorable meeting or convention experience and why?
- My most memorable meeting was a class taught here in Nashville, when I made 6 new friends. For whatever reason, the 7 of us were brought together to work together.
8. What is the one piece of advice you would offer to a graduating student with a hospitality degree?
- My advice would be to treat people like you would have other people treat you….go that extra step….run that extra mile…do something nice for everyone you come in contact with.
9. What is the one question do you wish someone would ask you in an interview today?
- The one question I wish I would be asked in an interview would be “Why didn’t you just give up when you learned you were vision-impaired and uneducable? Dr. Joyce
Dr.Joyce Knudsen, AICI CIM Research Program Development, Writer and Internet Talk Radio Host at The ImageMaker, Inc.® and WAKM Nashville.
Posted to HospitalityEducators.com January 24, 2011