I believe that each of us has truly GREAT and original ideas at different times in our lives. We are likewise inspired by others at times by reading their books or sometimes a simple quote.
I often use quotes in my columns, as reinforcements for a position I have or providing credit to others who provided me with an inspiration or a starting point. I also use quotes in many of my training presentations as well, in both the full programs and in breaks. I know they are effective, as I receive requests for copies from many participants following these sessions.
Below are ten quotes that address the topic of SERVICE.
1. Service Is The Opportunity to Make a Difference in Someone’s Life.
2. “Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
3. The first step toward great SERVICE is…. Willingness
4. If your company has a Mission Statement, memorize it.
5. “Nothing great was ever achieved without Enthusiasm” Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. When you wholeheartedly adopt a “with your heart” attitude and go out with the positive principle, you can do incredible things.
7. Live your life and forget your age.
8. In the real world there are YES and NO.
In SERVICE there are Yes and “May I suggest the following?”
9. Never use the word “impossible” seriously again. Toss it into the verbal wastebasket.
10. “When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen.” Ernest Hemingway
More to follow …
Keys to Success Hospitality Tip of the Week:
Hotel Common Sense Philosophy #14
“ Use technology to help guests first, the hotel second.
People will always relate to “high touch” in our business.”
Dr. John Hogan CHE CHA CMHS
Part of the Fifteen Timeless Philosophies in Hospitality
A 2011 Keynote Address and Workshop
KEYS TO SUCCESS is the umbrella title for my 2010 programs, hospitality services and columns. This year’s writings will focus on a wide variety of topics for hotel owners, managers and professionals including both my “HOW TO” articles and HOSPITALITY CONVERSATIONS. My segments Lessons from the Field, Hotel Common Sense and Principles for Success will be featured at appropriate times in the year as well.
Feel free to share an idea for a column at email@example.com anytime or contact me regarding consulting, customized workshops, speaking engagements … And remember – we all need a regular dose of common sense.
John Hogan is a successful hospitality executive, educator, author and consultant and is a frequent keynote speaker and seminar leader at many hospitality industry events. He is Co-Founder of a consortium (www.HospitalityEducators.com) of successful corporate and academic professionals delivering focused and affordable counsel in solving specific challenges facing hospitality today.
http://www.HospitalityEducators.com is a membership site offering a wide range of information, forms, best practices and ideas that are designed to help individual hoteliers and hospitality businesses improve their market penetration, deliver service excellence and increase their profitability.
Consulting Expertise and Research Interest
1. Sales Management and training
2. Turn-around and revenue management
3. Professional Development for the Organization and the Individual
4. Customer Service
5. Making Cultural Diversity Real
6. Developing Academic Hospitality programs
7. Medical Lodging Consultants
If you need assistance in any of these areas or simply an independent review or opinion on a hospitality challenge, contact me directly for a prompt response and very personalized attention.
Your Hospitality Resource for Hotel Owners, Innkeepers, Managers and Associations